WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE iPHONE 6 AND 6 PLUS
- iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch screen
- 8MP camera has true-tone flash and its camera iSight sensor will focus pixels, and it also has autofocus that’s twice as fast as the last generation.
M8 can tell the difference between cycling and running, for example, and it can also calculate distance and elevation.
- 185 per cent more pixels than the 5S.
- Longer battery life
- It has the HealthKit app- a dedicated app, and slated to work with third-party apps and services, it integrates with leading institutions so it can link with doctors and hospitals. It works seamlessly with Apple Watch
- You can now make calls over home or work Wi-Fi networks
- iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE APPLE WATCH
- The watch works ‘seamlessly’ with the iPhone 5C, 5S as well as the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Its screen is a touchscreen
- Apple Watch, which comes in silver, the Apple Watch Sport and the Apple Watch Edition, which will be available in 18-karat gold
- Available from early 2015 and prices start at $349
- It will need to be charged each night
- The watch’s straps are interchangeable, and they come in a range of colours and materials, including plastic and leather
- Users can also talk to the watch and send a voice reply
- It has a photo app that shows favourite photos from the iPhone on the screen.
- Comes with a Maps app, and users can get turn-by-turn directions on the watch
WHAT IS APPLE PAY?
Apple Pay is available on the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and the Apple Watch. The mobile system works by holding phone up to a generic card reader and pressing a finger on the TouchID button.
All details are encrypted and the system stores payment information securely.
It uses the Passbook app and cards that are already on file with iTunes can be saved to it.
Users can also take a picture of their own credit card and add it to the account. This is verified by the card’s bank before being accepted.
22,000 retailers will work with Apple Pay with more rolled out over the next two years.